Yesterday at work we were all talking about how this week in particular has gone by so stinking slow. At first we tried to blame it on the gloomy weather, but when half of the days are bright and sunny you know that’s kind of cheating. So! Like everyone else, I’m so, so happy that it’s finally Friday!
Today I’m linking up with Lauren today for High Five for Friday!
1. When my dad came to visit this past Sunday we went to a cute German restaurant in Lincoln Square. After our (huge!) meal, we decided to walk around for a bit and stumbled upon this adorable French cafe, Le Cafe, where my dad ordered a chocolate eclair and I ordered freshly baked (and piping hot) beignet’s… complete with powdered sugar. The whole afternoon was lovely and this little cafe really tied it all together. I highly recommend it!
2. On Tuesday I wore my favorite fall outfit, even if it did decide to be 80 degrees in Chicago. A dress and boots. Swoooon! Later that day a coworker told me my outfit looked like I should be out in a meadow with bright flowers taking professional pictures and I can totally see that… might need to do that one of these days!
3. My sweet friend, Roxy, had her baby!! Mr. Dylan Christopher was born on 9.27 and I cannot wait to meet him and snuggle him and love on mama too!
4. Last night was the perfect night for softball! The temps were just amazing and the rain held out long enough for us to play… and we didn’t lose! Or win. We tied. But we didn’t lose! It’s a step in the right direction.
5. I’m wondering if Netflix heard me bad mouthing it the other day for not having season 8 of HIMYM, because later that night I got an email from Netflix saying it’s on there now! I’ve only gotten around to watching the first episode, but I’m preeeety sure I know what I’ll be doing all weekend now.